With new notification requirements imposed under the GDPR, organisations need to be in a position to detect and deal with them as soon as possible, or risk a fine.
This interactive workshop is aimed at business owners and/or compliance teams responsible for assessing and reporting data protection breaches to enable them to make decisions as to whether to notify the ICO or not, and how to document the process.
The aim of the workshop
After attending this workshop you will:
- understand the notification requirements imposed by data protection legislation;
- be able to implement a compliant internal breach notification process;
- get to grips with how to perform a risk assessment following a breach incident; and
- understand the process for making notifications to both the ICO and data subjects.
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at the people responsible for ensuring data protection compliance within the organisation, and in particular at those responsible for implementing breach protocols and performing risk assessments following any suspected breach. This is likely to be a combination of:
- business owners/managers;
- in-house legal teams;
- compliance teams;
- IT teams;
- HR teams.
Workshop duration and format
This workshop can be run in half a day, but is best run as a full day workshop to allow time for group activities and case studies.
We recommend that the maximum group size for this course is 12-15 delegates.